Buyers and sellers sometimes arrive at a closing unprepared because they did not listen when their Realtor told them what would happen and what would be required of them at the closing table.
A few things to do BEFORE closing in addition to packing etc.
1. Secure homeowner’s insurance (and flood insurance if applicable) .
2. If purchasing a condo association approval may be necessary.
3. Be sure to have your utilities in place.
Bring to the closing
1. Certified funds (money order or cashier’s check)
2. Your driver’s license or other photo ID.
3. Your Spouse or anyone else who is on the deed.
4. All keys to the property if you are the seller.
Phone numbers for prior to closing
Telephone-Bellsouth 1-800-763-2909 or 1-888-757-6500 also has cable and internet.
Trash pick-up 673-0800
Voter registration 254-4690