Monday, May 11, 2015
Sea Turtle Nesting Season 2015 begins in Ormond By The Sea Florida
East Central Florida including Ormond By The Sea, Daytona Beach and all of Volusia County are under lighting restrictions from May 1 to October 31 each year. The restrictions are designed to protect several species of endangered and threatened sea turtles that come ashore to lay their eggs. On average it takes 48-60 days for their eggs to hatch. Female turtles come ashore beginning May first and lay their eggs in the sand above the tide line,balcony,
porch and other lights that could potentially be seen from the beach must be turned off or shielded. Draw drapes or otherwise keep lights off that may confuse the little hatchlings. Hatchlings head to the ocean when they emerge from their nest and could be confused by lights coming from the opposite direction.
For additional information about Sea Turtles and the lighting restrictions visit Volusiaseaturtles.org or for more information about the Volusia County Sea Turtle nesting program please call 386-238-4668 or 386-238-4773.
Ocean View Realty Group in Ormond By The Sea Florida
- Ormond By The Sea news Blog
- Search the Daytona Beach area MLS
- Ocean View Realty Group Main web site
- Ormond By The Sea Florida Vacation Rental homes and condos
- Al's Realtor page
- Ocean View Realtor site MLS Search
- Mortgage rates and information
- Ormondy 3 Bedroom vacation rental condo
- Seawinds Penthouse condo vacation rentals
- Rental Condos and Vacation Homes Blog
- Rhonda's Realtor page & MLS Search
- Stage your property to sell in the current market
- Ormond By The Sea information
- ► 2017 (64)
- ► 2016 (106)
- Ocean Front Condo For Sale in Ormond Beach, Flori...
- Townhouse For Sale in Ormond By The Sea, Florida
- Ormond By The Sea Condo For Sale, Ormond By The Se...
- Ormond By the Sea Florida 1st qtr. home sales anal...
- Ormond By the Sea Florida 1st Quarter condo sales ...
- Ocean View Realty Group updates Real estate market...
- Plantation Bay Homes sold March 2015
- Sea Turtle Nesting Season 2015 begins in Ormond B...
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (129)
- ► 2012 (116)
- ► 2011 (208)
- ► 2010 (239)
- ► 2009 (139)
- ► 2008 (82)
- ► 2007 (90)
- ► 2006 (74)
- Al Raymondi, Broker and owner of Ocean View Realty Group was born in Quincy, MA and graduated from Quincy High School in 1963. He served the the U.S. Air Force including January to December 1966 at the 6924 Security Squadron in Danang Vietnam. Al worked for over 20 years at Blue Cross & BLue Shield of Mass. in Boston on the Medicare program for MA, ME, NH, and VT. He was married to the late Diane (McQuiggan, of Jamaica Plain, MA.) and lived in Quincy, Carver, and Brockton MA prior to relocating to Ormond Beach, FL in 1989. Al and Diane are the proud parents of Scott & Susan, both graduates of Brockton High School, Brockton, MA. Scott served the the Air Force for 4 years as a Jet Engine Mechanic at Langley AFB. He now resides in Palm Coast,FL and has 2 children, Scott Jr. & Samantha. Susan graduated Bridgewater State College, earned her CPA, and is currently residing in Huntington Beach Ca. with her husband Chris Haberl and their two sons, Max and Jake. Scott Jr was in the US Navy and has a son Scott III and a daughter Hannah. Al is the Broker for Ocean View Realty Group in Ormond By The Sea Florida. Al's brother Dan and sister Grace still reside in Quincy, Mass.Ocean View Realty Group in Ormond By The Sea Florida helps buyers and sellers in the local real estate market and also provides rental services including vacation rental homes and condos.